I am a serial learner, and my learning is not restricted to the degree programs and universities I have attended. I am always studying about my various personal and professional interests through reading, online courses, discussion with smart people, and practice.
You can peek into my personal learning environment by reading my posts on this site, and the social networks in which I engage. They reflect my evolving interests. I am currently most engaged in learning about the following topics:
- Computer Science, Computer Programming
- Web programming with Python-Django
- Understanding by Design and curriculum design more generally
- Computational Thinking in K-12 settings
- Woodworking by hand and furniture design
Online courses and guided learning experiences
In the past ten years, I have been enrolled in various online courses, and participated in multiple online professional communities. I have participated in various degrees in quite a few online courses. Here are a few of the latest:
- Leading for Understanding: while working at the Ministry of Education, I was part of a group that enrolled in this course, offered by Wide World, from the Harvard Graduate School of Education. We worked through the first half and then the crazy work load of the MoE took over our lives.
- OLI Introduction to Statistics: I've worked through most of the first 2 (out of 4) units of this course by Carnegie Mellon's Open Learning Initiative.
- Change 11: I was involved in the first few weeks of this course led by Stephen Downes and drifted off after a few weeks.
- Cryptography I, by Stanford University at Coursera: I worked though the first couple of weeks
- 6.00x Introduction to Computer Science and Programming by MITx: I completed this course in its first (longer) version and earned an honor certificate from MITx through EDx.
- CS50x Introduction to Computer Science by HarvardX: I worked through half the course in 2012.
- GSE3x: Introduction to Data Wise: A Collaborative Process to Improve Learning & Teaching by HarvardX: I finished the course and earned an honor code certficate from HarvardX through EDx.