Siglo del Hombre Editores
Siglo del Hombre Editores is a Colombian editorial that publishes and distributes books, journals and maganizes. Its publications are mostly academic and include topics in the Social Sciences, the Humanities, Law, Medicine, the Environment, and Politics among others. Siglo del Hombre works with universities and research centers around the country, as well as international organizations. Its clients have included Universidad Central, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, and UNESCO.
As a freelance editor, I worked under a senior in-house editor in the preparation of books for different collections. My work included proofreading authors' final drafts and suggeting stylistic changes, revising the graphic designer's work, and correcting publishing drafts. I worked independently from home and communicated with the team mostly via telephone and e-mail. My worked entailed responsability for meeting demanding deadlines with no supervision.
I worked in the editorial preparation of the following books:
- Serrano Amaya, José Fernando, (2004), Menos Querer Más de la Vida. Concepciones de Vida y Muerte en Jóvenes Urbanos, Bogotá, D. C.: Departamento de Investigaciones Universidad Central - Siglo del Hombre Editores.
- Laverde Toscano, María Cristina (Ed.), (2004), Debates Sobre el Sujeto. Perspectivas Contemporáneas, Bogotá, D. C.: Departamento de Investigaciones Universidad Central - Siglo del Hombre Editores.
- Restrepo Arcila, Roberto Arturo (Ed.), (2004), Saberes de Vida. Por el Bienestar de las Nuevas Generaciones, Bogotá, D. C.: UNESCO - Siglo del Hombre Editores.
- Proofread authors' final draft and recommended stylistic changes
- Corrected graphic designers' work
- Worked independently with little or no supervision and demanding deadlines
- Edited books for two major collections and recognized institutions
- Proofread texts from recognized hispanoamerican academics